Going to the gynecologist can be intimidating, even for women who have been going for years. However, you can help to improve your own experience with a gynecologist by preparing questions ahead of time. Choosing the right gynecologist for you will also help to make the experience more enjoyable, so be sure to do your research before choosing a medical professional. If you are looking for a gynecologist in Dothan, AL, the Women's Medical Center is here to help with experienced and passionate gynecologists.
1. First and foremost, it is important to ask your gynecologist in Dothan, AL, about any new changes, complications, or abnormalities that you may be experiencing related to your vaginal or sexual health. Your doctor can be one of the best resources for information on how to treat or avoid health problems, therefore, it is important to discuss any changes in your body with them so that they can ease your worries and direct you to the right solutions for treatment, if necessary.
2. Another great question to ask your gynecologist is what kinds of tests or screenings you should have this year. These can vary from person to person depending on your age and health history, so your doctor will know what tests will be needed or unnecessary for you given your specific health needs.
3. If you would like more information on which birth control options may be right for you, this may also be a good time to ask about birth control options. Your gynecologist may assume that your current method may be working for you, or if you are not using any birth control methods that you may not be interested in starting one. However, by bringing up the topic you can have a more thorough conversation and weigh the pros and cons of each type with your doctor.
4. On the other hand, if you are interested in having children you may also want to ask about fertility. Letting your doctor know what your goals or concerns are may help to better plan for the future with the help of your gynecologist.
5. If you do not already know how to do a self-breast exam, it is essential to ask your gynecologist about it to reduce your risk for breast cancer. Your doctor will be able to explain the process to you so that you can do it on your own regularly at home, as well as check your breasts during your visit.
It is crucial to be as comfortable as possible while visiting the gynecologist so that you can have an open dialogue about your vaginal and sexual health. If you are looking for a gynecologist in Dothan, AL, give the Women's Medical Center a call today at (334) 793-3900.