Posts for: December, 2020
How your doctors in Dothan, AL, can help you with menopause
Menopause is a normal process a woman goes through, but it can be a difficult process too. Hormone levels plunge, and physiological changes result in a woman no longer being able to have children. The good news is, your gynecologist can help you feel better as you go through menopause.
The doctors at Women’s Medical Center in Dothan, AL, offer comprehensive OB/GYN care for women, including treatment for the signs and symptoms of menopause.
Menopause can happen normally, and it often begins with peri-menopause when a woman is in her 40s. Estrogen levels decline, periods become irregular, and then periods stop completely.
Menopause can also happen suddenly due to medical reasons, or a medical procedure like a hysterectomy.
You may be going through menopause if you notice:
- Hot flashes and night sweats
- Thinning hair and dry skin
- Vaginal dryness and loss of breast fullness
- Mood swings and depression
- Sleep problems including insomnia
- Weight gain resulting from a slowing metabolism
When you visit the Women’s Medical Center, your Dothan menopause specialist may recommend:
- Taking antidepressant medication to cope with mood swings
- Taking medications to prevent osteoporosis
- Estrogen cream to reduce vaginal dryness
- Hormone therapy to decrease night sweats and hot flashes
There are also some lifestyle tips that can reduce the signs and symptoms of menopause, including:
- Dietary changes like limiting caffeine, alcohol, and spicy foods to reduce hot flashes
- Drinking lots of water to keep your tissues hydrated
- Applying moisturizers to keep your skin supple and soft
- Developing a relaxing routine or meditation to help you sleep
- Staying active to help keep bones and muscles strong
To read more detailed information about managing menopause, please visit the Menopause section on the website at http://www.wmcdelivers.com/menopause.html
Menopause is a time of tremendous changes, but you can stay healthy through menopause. Your doctor can help. To find out more about the signs, symptoms, and treatment of menopause, talk with the experts. Call the doctors of Women’s Medical Center in Dothan, AL, at (334) 793-3900. Call today!